Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Favorite Recipe

"What is one of your favorite homemade dishes?   (Karen Ehman book)

This is hard for me to choose.   Do I choose something with chocolate?  Or a favorite side dish like my Hash brown casserole?  Or do I choose a main dish favorite, like pork chops and apples?  Today the chocolate won out.  So here’s my favorite dessert recipe, which I got from my mother, for Chocolate Chip Pie (the only pie I will ever eat by the way).  I got this recipe from my mother.  Make note that this is REALLY good with a cold glass of milk, especially when the pie is fresh or warmed up a while in the microwave.

Chocolate Chip Pie
2 eggs                                                                                   ½ c. un-sifted flour
½ c. sugar                                                                            ½ c. brown sugar
1c. melted butter, cooled                                             1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)                                                unbaked pie shell, 9’
Preheat oven to 325.  Beat eggs till foamy.  Add flour, sugar, brown sugar and blend.  Then add cooled melted butter.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if you choose).   Pour into pie shell and bake for 1 hour.



3 comments:

  1. This might be one pie that I can get my 5 year old to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like one big chocolate chip cookie! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Thanks for sharing the chocolate recipe. It sounds easy and yummy.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete