Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

I didn't do it!!

In Luke’s 2 years and 10 months of life he has learned what “no” means. Sometimes when I tell Luke “no” he looks at me, like he is trying to gauge whether or not I’m serious, then he’ll go back to whatever he was trying to do. Like trying to push the “eject” button on the DVD player. After all it is too much fun, and mommy would never tell him not to have fun, right? Wrong.


After the first “no”, I use my “teacher/mommy voice” and say “NO!” Then he’ll stop, put his hands to his face and start crying…like it is the end of the world because mommy said “no”. Once we get to this stage it can be hard to get Luke back to his “normal/happy” self. He’ll stretch it out into a good “fit”. After about 15 minutes Luke starts acting happy again..although sometimes he remains upset until his nap time.

I think I have mentioned before how Luke will also cry when he knows he did something wrong…especially when it is to his baby sister. I know he has been up to no good when I hear him cry and it is immediately followed by his baby sister’s cry.

Well now we are entering a “new” realm of “no upsets”. Since our baby girl has become mobile she is getting herself in trouble. So when I tell her “NO”, Luke hears and starts crying like he is the one in trouble.

So after I tell baby girl “NO” and spank her and then give her a new toy as a distraction…I have to go over to Luke and say “hey bud, it isn’t YOU it’s your SISTER…she did something she shouldn’t”…of course Luke pauses and then starts crying again…so I know he didn’t understand me. The poor guy thinks he’s in trouble and he looks at me like “I didn’t do it mommy…I promise!” Silly man, we’ll have to work on this some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment